Monday, August 20, 2007

Well, day one of college is halfway over. So far, so good. I really think I am going to enjoy this. I think I will need to make some goals to get through, which could be interesting, but I seem to have this new outlook on things. Take math for instance. I haven't done well in that subject since about the 4th grade....so, the teacher I have in my class here, has boosted my confidence a little bit, and its only the 1st day! He simply said, 'Math is not your enemy. Math doesn't have to be your best friend, but it shouldn't be your enemy.' I guess I took that to heart because almost immediately, I made a goal in mind that I will, for probably the 1st time ever(i've always been C-average), get at least a B, if not better, in this math class. I'm determined. Anyway, I had english 101 today. English should be my best subject, and in a way it is, but I really like my instuctor so it should go well, if I make it that way. So, I realize it is only the 1st day and I still have 4 more classes that I haven't attended yet for this week, but I really really have a positive attitude about this whole college thing, and this year. In high school it was different. I tried to be positive, but a lot of that looking at the bright side stuff was because of all the "fun" things I would be doing, including getting out of high school! I will be having tons of fun here, but as far as acedemics, I've taken on a whole new attitude and I truly know how important this is all going to be. This is my future. This is my time to figure things out in the world and figure out my place in the world. Working hard is all part of it. As funny as that might sound, its true! I just know that if I trust in God and what his plan and will is for me, its going to be fine. This is the time for change and a chance for me to be whoever I want to be. I'll keep you all updated on how life is going of course! I will end with one of my favorite quotes:
"Start off each day with a smile, and get it over with one."

2 comments:

B.B. Houghton II said...

you know you really should update your log more rachelle! I'm getting bored reading the same one every night. ;)

B.B. Houghton II said...

i mean your blog, not your log

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin