Monday, October 1, 2007

Time passes by, more time to come

The weekend went really well. My grandpas funeral was a very nice service. I actually had the opportunity to sing at it. I sang my favorite hymn, "Where Can I Turn For Peace?" This was also the last song my grandpa got to hear me sing(: I actually was able to hold it together! It was really really good to be around my family. They are certainly great people! After the funeral and luncheon on friday, we visited some and then me and the cousins went swimming at the hotel pool. Ok, well I didn't actually swim. I got my suit on and decided it was too cold. Then of course, my cousin decided he would push me into the pool, while my uncle got it all on film. Lucky me!
Saturday, we got up and just me mom and my brothers went to Target-yay! I love Target! And, I bought my very own raquet and raquetballs(: Now I can go play whenever I want, even if its by myself! Finding the time to play should be interesting, but I'm so addicted to it that I will make time! So, after Target we went back to my grandma's and visited some more with the family before I took off back to Thatcher. I got back home late afternoon and just cleaned up a bit. Saturday night we had a stake dinner and then watched the General Relief Society broadcast, which was AWESOME! I took a lot of notes it was so good! The general relief society presidency, as well as President Monson spoke. They are so wonderful-and truly speak with the spirit. I was very touched by the words that were spoken about service, familes and what our role is as women of the church. It also made me feel better to know that I can do as much as anyone, even though I am still young and barely getting into the swing of things being in relief society. It strenghthened my testimony of service, which I have never really been strong in. Now I am actually looking for ways I can serve. One of my favorite quotes by Marion G. Romney is, "The sure way to peace and happiness in this life, is to serve the Lord, today and everyday." I hope I can follow that! I am longing to be a better person lately. I really think its because of the wonderful example of my grandpa.
After that note, I guess I should probably get to class but I figured I should blog today(: Here I go to what I know is going to be another crazy week! Help...???!!!
T.T. F. N.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hooray Target (pronounced Tar-jhay in this mind)! I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather. I know that feeling in the pit of your stomach that tugs at your heart and upper chest, making you feel surreal, as though you are a make believe character in a book that should never have been written. But with life, we must accept what the hereafter has to present, and we have faith that the here and now can't even compare to the after. I hope you're doing well. Call me if you need anything. I'll try to call back, but scheduling is KAH-RAZEE!

smilingsarahbear said...

Hey there! Hope you're doing well. I hear you're going to Conference this weekend. Lucky! I'm so jealous. Have fun. I love your quotes by the way!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin