Tuesday, October 9, 2007

He'll Carry You



"BE NOT AFRAID"


Here it is-Wednesday-finally! Yes, I have actually been waiting for Wednesday to come, almost, more than friday. Tuesday is always my busiest day and so I am always hoping it will go fast,which it does usually. Plus, it has been a very stressful week. After my somewhat rough weekend, it basically carried over to Monday and so Monday was a really bad day. I figure sometimes you just need to freak out for a day, and in my case, cry, be cranky, spill to a good friend, cry some more, and then start over the next day. I got really stressed out with school on Monday as well as with some other things. I do that once in a while. I even went and hit a raquetball around and knocked all my anger out, but it did make me more tired....Anyway, we threw a birthday party at our apartment for Hannah and Heather-my twin roommates Monday night, so that was my highlight of the day. It was awesome and quite a few people showed up. And we are still eating leftover cake....(:
So, after a rough day, I got up Tuesday feeling better and just trying to breathe some. I still wasnt focusing much in class, but oh well. However, I went to devotional which is always enjoyable. Infact, it was awesome! One of my friends that is in choir sang for the special musical number and I cried through almost the whole song. It was called, He'll Carry You. (Hence my blog title for the day!) It was a beautiful song and she did a wonderful job. The song was exactly what I needed to hear. It was about the Savior's love for us and how he will carry us and help us when we need it. There was a part in the song that was one of my favorites. It said something about the world or those on earth not having the right thing to say, the Lord will. I realized how little trust I put in the Lord sometimes. I say that I trust him, but I don't show it sometimes. So it was truly a reminder to me that thats what I need to do. And then last night, I prayed about a couple things and for the first time, it was clear to me how understanding the Lord is. I always knew he was, but I don't think I have ever had the reassurance come so clearly. It was an incredible feeling. It strengthened my love for Him as well. As it shows in my favorite Greg Olsen picture above, "Be Not Afraid". I can't be afraid because fear is Satan's thing. There is no reason to be afraid, per se, of things in life, when I have the Lord right by my side. He is comforting and knows how we feel the way we feel and why. What could be better trust than that?
Well, on that note, I guess I should get back to my life and be happy and stuff!
Just remember, "Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."

No comments:

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin