Monday, October 29, 2007

Oh Refresh me!

Hello all,
Here it is, almost the end of October, and I couldn't be happier! After this long crazy rough month, i'm ready for a new one! Plus it also means 1 1/2 months left of the semester!
This week went somewhat smoothly. I was glad to end it however, with our Fall Sing Concerts. We had 3 performances Thurs-Sat. All went very well. I love singing with the Accapella Choir-it is quite the experience and much better than being in high school! And my choir director, Dr. Bishop is one amazing person! I have learned so much from him and gained more love for music and the meaning behind it since I have been in choir here.
My mom and my grandma came to watch Saturday's performance so it was awesome to visit with them! My mom even brought me some food-thanks a million!
Yesterday was truly refreshing(hence my title!) I had a very good day and learned a lot in church. I love being able to go every sunday and learn more about the Gospel. It strengthens my testimony a lot. I was even able to pay attention to the sunday school lesson(I have a hard time doing that, but I prayer for focus yesterday!). In doing so, I came upon a really awesome scripture in Colossians 1:10-11
10That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
11Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfullness.

Its really amazing to me how I have recently been finding answers to prayers in scriptures. It's helping me to have more of a love for the scriptures as well.
Along with those, I'd like to share one other thing.
The other night, I was praying, and as I did so, I prayed for strength and that I would be able to make it through the rest of this semester and be able to get my grades up and focus in school. After I prayed, I was just thinking and pondering on what I needed to do, when I opened my scriputures. They fell open (literally this time), to 3 Nephi 22:14
"In righteousness shalt thou be established; thou shalt be far from oppression for thou shalt not fear, and from terror for it shall not come near thee."
It was as simple as that. "In righteousness shalt thou be established". I know if I live righteously, I'll be fine. I have had some struggles this past month, but its going to be fine. I can feel it! Thanks to some motivation from my Aunt Kari(:, I know I need to get my act together! I know that doing my part of it is what the Lord wants, in order for him to walk with me along the way. I want to be far from "oppression, fear, and terror."
Here I go to a new week, a new point in my life you could say, pressing forward.........

1 comment:

Andrea Camille said...

I enjoy reading your testimony of the scriptures and answers to prayers. In a world of turmoil and sin, it is good to know that I can look to you as an example. I admire you.:D Love, Andrea

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin