Sunday, October 7, 2007

Weekend or not, things happen!

Where do I begin???
Ok, so did I have a good or bad weekend? Yes.
Friday morning, I left for Show Low, ready for a totally fun trip with my best friend Emily! I met her in Show Low and we hit the road for Utah! General Conference weekend! I was able to get tickets for the saturday afternoon session-wahoo. So, we left and got to Orem, and got to my cousins house where we planned on staying. Oh-and that was after totally taking the WRONG Center St. exit-yes, there are two-one of them in Orem, one in Provo. We took the one for Provo. So, I called Beau-thanks man for helping us so many times this weekend(more details to come on the many times). He helped us get to Orem from Provo. So, we went to bed about 2am.
Saturday morning we got up and watched the morning session of conference there at my cousins',which was really good! I'm excited for Henry B. Eyring to be in our new General Presidency!

Our next adventure took place when we left to get to Salt Lake for the afternoon session. We thought it would be easier to take the tram,(halfway in Sandy), and then take it the rest of the way to Salt Lake City. Well, we got to Sandy and couldn't find the tram. We had directions, but along with all the construction and our bad luck with getting lost, we never made it to the tram. This also made us late and we ended up just giving up on even getting to conference, sinc they give away your seats if you don't arrive 30 minutes prior. So much for those tickets that were not easy to get
:(. We decided to just drive the rest of the way to Salt Lake. We met up with my friend Ciara who lives in Salt Lake, and watched some of the afternoon session at the Visitor's Center.
After that, and getting some lunch, we drove back to Orem, and met up with Beau to go to his ended-up-being forfeited soccer game! Beau-I told you, you should have gone to Priesthood Session(;!OH yeah, we also got lost trying to find Beau's house....
Anyway, so, Emily took off to the mall while Beau and I went to his house to just hang out and catch up, which was really great! After a while, we went to the mall and met up with Emily, as well as another good friend, Scott, who lives in Spanish Fork. We all got ice cream and then went back to Beau's to watch a movie, "White Chicks"(very hilarious!) It was nice and relaxing after a crazy day! So, we did that and then Beau and I talked some more while being entertained by Scott teaching Emily how to wrestle-crazy kids! Great fun-let me tell ya!
So Emily and I left around 1 am to get some sleep,since we had a long road trip back today.
Yes, very quick trip to Utah! Worth it? In a sense, yes. The highlight was of course hanging out with friends and singing loudly in the car with Emily! We even made up a song about the slow car in front of us!
Now I am in Show Low stopping for a visit with the fam before I head back to my oh-so-exciting life in Thatcher....I am so ready for another break!
So, thats the adventures of Rachelle for the weekend. Let me know what YOU think(: T.T.F.N.

1 comment:

Andrea Camille said...

Wow Rachelle!
I didnt realize how inependent you are. It must have been crazy to go on such a road trip! I am glad to see you are enjoying your new found freedom. It is good to hear from you and to know how you are doing. I dont always have time to catch up with you.-senior year you know. Anyway, just wanna say I love you!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin