Monday, October 15, 2007

Stress level up and down...whats that about?!?!

I hate how weekends always go by way to fast. Particularly the last couple weekends. Because by Sunday night, i'm already ready for another break. I tend to get stressed out just thinking that the next day is Monday. What can ya do right?

Even though the weekend was short, it was a lot of fun! Friday we had no school which was nice. Here in Safford/Thatcher, they have the Graham County Fair every year and its a big deal so they cancel school on the Friday that its going on. So, me and Hannah and Heather went to the parade, yes there was even a parade, to see Kendra, my other roommate march with the EAC band. That was pretty fun. The rest of the day we just spent at home taking naps and being lazy! Friday night I went to the fair to watch "Company", the show choir at EA, perform, as well as the jazz ensamble. They all did an awesome job! Afterwards, I had the adventure of trying to find my car in the very big parking lot at the fair. My friend Travis walked around with me for half an hour so I wouldn't get kidnapped or anything haha, and we still could not find my car. I felt like such an idiot lol! So we ended up going to Travis's car and driving around in his so that we could find mine, which only took like 5 minutes. We seriously must have passed my car 3 or 4 times walking by. What a night!

Saturday was kinda another lazy day. I cleaned up my room and washed my car windows while the twins were doing laundry at their sisters.

Saturday night I had a date with Travis, going to the fair! Wow! I have not had that much fun in a long time! Travis brought out my crazy side, which is scary. I went on rides at the fair that I would have never thought of going on. AKA: The scariest ones! I think I am somewhat overcoming my fear of that.....somewhat. I was worried that I would get sick but I only got a little dizzy. Travis was the one who didn't feel so good afterwards lol! It was still fun though.
After that we went and got ice cream at sonic. Then we went to my place and did some stargazing on the roof that we are not allowed on at my apartment. (: My roommate Heather joined us which was alot of fun! So it was quite a fun Saturday! Just what I needed to end my crazy week.
Sunday was very very good. I truly enjoyed the lessons taught. Particularly in Sacrament Meeting. All the talks were on scripture study. One of the girls even gave a challenge to read not just each night but every morning too. This is actually something I have sorta been doing recently. Even if its' just one verse in the morning, it goes along really well with prayer and certainly makes the day better. So I am really going to try and keep doing that. I'm really struggling with trying not to stress out with school right now. My mom has given me some good advice and I am trying hard to keep focused on my goals and what my important things to be doing are. Even if that means less socializing. BYU is really important and top of my list at the moment, but there is a lot I have to do to prepare for that. My thing is to keep remembering that! No more high school games of slacking off and being lazy! College is much different! But I'm not going to give up because that will get me nowhere. I am just really glad that I have institute and church to go to because that will really help me along the most. Especially reading my scriptures and saying my prayers every day and night.
I hope you all have a good week! Here is my quote:
"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me". "

1 comment:

jeaniebug said...

Hmmm....who's this Travis??? :)

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin