Monday, September 24, 2007

TODAY

"It is at the end of a man's life, that he realizes how important his decisions were at the beggining."
For those of you who didn't know, my grandpa has had lung cancer the last couple years, along with diabetes for about 30 something years. Well, in just the past month, the cancer got worse and he was eventually even on hospice care there at my grandparents home. Last night, I was informed by my mom that he no longer was eating or talking and that he would probably be gone within 48 hours. This morning-Monday, September 24th, my "Papa" passed away. So today has been an emotional day for my family. Especially my mom, her 2 sisters and her brother. I know and I keep trying to remember, that he is in a better place and he lived such a wonderful life that I try to follow the example of. Papa lived the gospel to the fullest. He showed such compassion to those around him, especially our family. He supported everyone, even when he had his bad days, he, with Grandma Kay always at his side, tried his hardest to make it to a graduation, or concert, or other special occasions. I will never appreciate him more for his support and love. I got to talk to him for the last time a few weeks ago. Infact, I had asked him for some advice about something. He always knew the right thing to say. Along with his wonderful spirit and life he lived, he had humor. He had such sarcasm for things and always a joke about something-it was great! I will miss that. I loved him and I'm glad I finally told him, the last time I talked to him. I know without a doubt that he is entering into the Celestial Kingdom to be with our Heavenly Father and his son Jesus Christ again. How wonderful that must be. It strenghthens my testimony to know that I and the rest of my family have that to look forward to when our time comes as well. We will be with him again and our Father in Heaven. I want my family reading this, to know how much I love them. And always remember,
"He calls you and me to serve Him here below and sets us to the task He would have us fulfill. The commitment is total. There is no conflict of conscience. As we follow that Man of Galilee—even the Lord Jesus Christ—our personal influence will be felt for good wherever we are, whatever our callings." -Thomas S. Monson. Papa followed Christ. I know that. He served him the best he could. Let us always follow that example.

1 comment:

smilingsarahbear said...

I'm so sorry Rachelle. Isn't it great to have a testimony and knowledge of the Gospel! You seem like you are doing well... stay strong and keep being your wonderful self. It's so nice to see someone your age who has such a strong testimony and holds to their values as strongly as you do. You truly are a rare gem these days! I'm praying for you and your fam... love ya'!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin