Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Executive Decision

Sometimes in life, as we all often figure out, we have to make decisions....haha. Some are for the good, some are not so good, and some are, well, life changing.

This past week, I have been highly considering changing my major. I know. Crazy. I am well known for making a decision and going with it. Thats what I had done with choosing to be a psychologist. Then, all of a sudden, one day last week, while attending my voice lesson, I had a thought of an interest in being a voice major. I don't know where the thought came from, but it came. So then I really started thinking about. I began looking at background information. Even thinking, maybe I could minor in voice and still be a Psychologist. (Which I later discovered was most likely impossible.) So, after having a discussion about voice and music majors with my wonderful choir director-who also suggested that I pray about it(:-I really started getting frustrated with everything. See, for those of you who know me, I have always been one who makes one decision, and goes with it. Now all of a sudden I had a choice. Yes, I have had choices to make before, but not as big as this one. This is deciding what I'm doing with my life. Maybe some of you may be thinking, "Why is she deciding now?" Well, again for those of you who know me, I plan ahead. I can't do last minute. So, I prayed about it, and I even received a priesthood blessing from a good friend for comfort, seeing as I was stressed about it. It truly helped remind me that I can always trust in the Lord and that he is there for me helping me along the way. So my decision came to this:
I am becoming a voice/music major. I'm still looking into exactly what to do with that. But I really feel like thats what I want to do. Another reason to decide now, is the preperation I have to start doing. I want to go to BYU next year. My voice teacher here at EA is going to help prepare me to audition for the School of Music at BYU Provo in January, and i'll go from there. I will have a lot of work cut out for me. (45 minutes a day, 6 days a week of practice) But I have become very determined and feel this is going to be worth something. I don't recall ever feeling so strongly about something. I will continue getting my generals out of the way here this year and just continue with my voice lessons and doing choir. I am very willing to put in the time and effort it will take.
So, life goes on and gets crazier as always!
Here is a "profound quote" to leave with this blog:
"The secret of success is consistancy of purpose."
Don't just endureth to the the end, but enjoyeth to the end(:

1 comment:

smilingsarahbear said...

Way to go on making your decision. I know how hard it is to make life changing decisions and you seem like you know exactly what you're doing. Isn't it so awesome that we have prayer to guide us and help us? I love this gospel! Good luck with everything and you'll do great!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin