Friday, September 21, 2007

Friday Afternoon....Finally!

I am completely amazed at how fast time is going. I have never been able to actually watch time go by fast. I always "like to wave at it as it passes by" (as Jack Sparrow would say:)) But not lately. It's almost like watching a movie of my life. I'm seeing myself being busy and seeing the clock tick fast. Wierd. But even though it is going by fast, I am still doing well and keeping happy! My classes are going well. Sometimes I wish I could just drop something else, but I have to keep all my credits so I have what I need to transfer to BYU. I have 17 credits this semester, 19 if I include institute. I need 15 each sem. Next semester I will take it a little bit easier I think! I still manage to have a social life which is great since I am at EAC! There is always a ward or stake or institute activity going on. Tonight will consist of a "drive in movie". Just a sheet put up at the park with food and blankets! Should be great! Speaking of institute, the class I must say is quite incredible! I wish I had it everyday! The class I'm taking is called "Building Eternal Relationships" Sounds like a marraige class right? Well-it was the only one that fit into my schedule but I'm really glad it did. Yes-it focus's a lot on dating, but its all amazing stuff and has taught me some things I never really took into consideration, especially everything about being morally clean and keeping the law of chastity, which are the most important things when one is in a relationship. It's incredible and very deep some of the things we learn. My other institute "class" per se, is Devotional which is every tuesday at 11am. Thats the one that pretty much everyone goes to! They always have a special speaker and a musical number, etc. This past week, it was awesome because it was a musical devotional. All of it was musical talent-singing, cello, duets, piano, etc. I truly felt the spirit. This coming week, the musical number will be yours truly! Yes, I am singing the song "His Hands." I love it! Lots of people to sing in front of, but its what I do(: Anyway, its great to have spiritual enlightment! It keeps me going down this road they call life. This week has been good though. I have kept myself going and am now ready to relax a little bit this weekend! Hope everyone is having as great of a friday as I am! I'd love to hear from you all!
My profound quote is actually mine! Yes-in writing an english paper, I came up with it so everyone better remember it so I will be famous when I die!

"School may have brought out my "bad habits", but they were all mistakes worth learning from"

2 comments:

smilingsarahbear said...

I miss those Institute and Singles Ward activities. So fun! The drive-in one sounds like a blast. I'm so impressed that you're singing at the next devotional. Way to go! And it's so great that you have such a good head on your shoulders that you know and are learning the importance of chastity. I can tell you from personal experience to STAY STRONG in that area! Glad you're doing so well. Kee it up!

jeaniebug said...

Ok Rachelle I am totally in a marriage prep-ish class too!!! I have one at MCC once a week and I feel so weird in there. I almost transfered out but I like the teacher. haha and like you said, you learn some interesting things in there that we can just use in day to day life. It's pretty cool!! I'm glad you like it too! Love ya!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin