Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Learn to Fall, Life changes, Dream Big

2008. It's official! I think I watched 2007 flash before my eyes last night as we counted down to midnight! Crazy stuff! I went to a young single adult dance they had here in Show Low and didnt' get home til 3 am(: It was super fun let me tell ya! Lots of people and I got to see some of my friends from Thatcher too! Good times.
Now, its a new year. I really think more happened this year than usual. Well, at least more that I can remember. Allow me to reminescense a few memories...............................
In January a year ago, I started dating Beau. Amazing how things can change.
In May, I graduated from the 4 longest/shortest/life changing years of my life-High School.
In July, Beau and I broke up. Life changes change.
In August I moved to Thatcher to start my first year of college at EAC. What a new life!
-During the first semester, I made decisions that I never thought I would or could make.
-During the first semester, I learned what a bad idea taking 17 credits is!
-During the first semester, I learned how to budget money better and spend it wisely-yay poor college students!
-During the first semester, I learned to spread my wings and fly and not be so timid.
-And during the first semester, I learned that believe it or not, it can be hard to really put your trust in the Lord, but I tried and I counted on nothing else but Him to get me through. I believe that mistakes made really are to learn from. Even if you think something should work out a different way-there would be no other way to learn if you plan it how you want. There's a quote that says, "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." Its so true. "Fear less, hope more; whine less, breathe more; talk less, say more; hate less, love more; and all good things are yours."
It's been a good year, and I think I learned more than I ever have, thus far in my life. I have an amazing family, and wonderful friends that are completely the best! I couldn't ask for better of either! I love you all!
I'm greatful for this year because of the life lessons I have truly learned. It's amazing how many there are! I 'm excited to start a new year, make new goals and.......Learn to Fall, See Life Changes, and Dream Big.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Thanks for the insights, Rachelle! I like the "talk less, say more" poem. Interesting how 12 months can change your perspective so much--not just for you, personally, but for most people, I think! Happy New Year!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin