Friday, June 13, 2008

Summertime Blues Gone!

*Random thought of the day: "No one pretends to understand musicality, that certain something that a human being brings to the playing of his instrument. A machine can play an instrument [sing a song], but it is that something of yourself that you bring to it that makes a player[singer] really good. That piece of your soul that you reveal as the music comes through you......you may have not words for [music], but you can feel it. There is a communication going on at some ancient and primitive level when music is played from somewhere else other than simply the fingers." -Cassie in "Wild Horses" by: Deb Caletti. Basically I don't know if I have ever heard such a good description of music. I am reading this really awesome book about a girl living with a famous violinist stepfather, Dino Cavalli, who is also completely INSANE. When Cassie meets his very first student, Ian Waters, she falls in love with not just him, but music and the way he plays his violin. The description above is the way she described the music and I love it! I feel the same way. Music is more than just playing or singing. If you're into music as much as I am, you have to feel it and put emotion into it. Otherwise, theres no point to anything with music.*

As the country song by Alan Jackson says, "Well I'm gonna raise a fuss, I'm gonna raise a holler, about workin' all summer just to try and earn a dollar.......sometimes I wonder what i'm gonna do, cuz there aint no cure for the summertime blues!"
Well-no more listening to that song everyday(: I GOT A JOB! A new job! Yay! Today I interviewed at a golf resort called "San Marcos Crowne Plaza", and the hired me on the spot as a hostess at the resteraunt there! Good money and full time. So I also put in my 2 weeks notice at Hollister. I am SO happy! I knew something would work out. The Lord always helps us pull through. And paying tithing is really a blessing. I just want to say thank you so much to my parents and my friends and other family for your prayers and support and words of encouragement the last few weeks! A lot of you know its been really rough on me trying to get a good job and have money! So I appreciate all of you!
Its so good to not work at Hollister to be honest. Retail really sucks sometimes. Besides, "Her mother should have named her mastercard" -Zebe in "Wild Roses". I quote that because it reminds me of the rich stuck up high school kids that work at Hollister(:. Eh-whatever. No more discount on clothes but they have really good clearance stuff if I want to shop there.

This week has been pretty busy. I helped my sister with her kids a couple times this week. She is pregnant with her 4th and its not fun sometimes! But I was happy to help with her others and i'll be doing that off and on the rest of the summer as well. I did start going to institute this week to at MCC. Unfortunantly-this new job will probably have me working a lot of nights, so I'm not sure I'll get to go much more....:(. BUT work is vital since I have 9 weeks left til I return to school. At least I still will have church to go to and maybe a few other activities when I can. Institute was awesome though. I got to see my good buddy Sterling who I went to EA with last year. He lives down here as well. The class I went to is called "Doctrines of the Gospel". Just different topics each week. This week was REVELATION. Really awesome insight that the teacher had! I learned a lot.
I also went to the Temple yesterday. I love going. I feel the spirit so much there. I am definantly going to go as much as possible this summer. Life is just crazy back in Thatcher, especially being 3 hours away from both arizona temples.
Well-I better go get some food and start celebrating my new job! Woot woot! Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Go Rachelle on your new job! You will be amazing, i'm sure of it. Let me know how it goes and if you like it or not. Just as a warning you might not like it at first because you won't be absolutely wonderful at it when you start. Happens to me ALL the time. Hey, you have a wonderful week. All my lovin' you crazy kid. Oh, and if you have any hard days, don't hesitate to call or text me anytime. I always have time for you. :) Love you Rachelle!

Kim said...

Hey Rachelle! We're doing cartwheels around here to celebrate your new job - smile pretty, be nice even to the mean customers and enjoy it!

Kari said...

Oh, excellent--a full time job, good for you! So tell us how the first days went!

I got your other note. Do you have a photo program, that lets you edit and crop, etc? If so, which program is it?

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin