Monday, May 12, 2008

Valley Girl or Not?

Random thought for the day: Red. This particular red is so not my color I decided. I decided that when the last time I wore that color, and 2 people mentioned that it looked terrible. Its actually a true fact. Some things just clash with a redhead. Maybe when I add color to my hair this summer, there will be less clashing.

....dot dot dot.....
So I hope I'm not becoming a valley girl. Its only temporary. Though SOME may dissagree about me becoming a valley girl(David..ahem...(:). I have landed a job at a clothing store where all the rich kids shop, and I am starting to drive like a valley person. Don't worry Mom-I'm being safe! I got a part time job working at Hollister. This is pretty much what it looks like outside. Go figure-they make it look cool so you actually want to go in and buy their clothes! JUST kidding....they do have really awesome clothes and I do get a pretty sweet discount. Infact-for being a new employee, I get a 50% off a few things for starting out, so that I will actually own something from the store for the first time. I start sometime this week hopefully, or next week. (I'm "on call" this week.) I am still looking for a second part time job because min wage is not very much money for a college student(: I have interviews at 2 other clothing stores tomorrow and wednesday, plus I put in several other applications. So it shouldn't be a problem trying to get a second job. I'm getting used to things down here. I'm hoping to get to hang out with some of my friends this week. However-I have unfortunantly not got very much sleep the last few nights due to coughing. I either sucked in the valley air too much or am devoloping some sort of summer sickness-yay. But yay for water and reliv.
On another note, as some may have noticed, I started posting some of my lyrics here on my blog. Most people don't know that I have been writing lyrics since I was a freshman or sophmore in high school. If you wouldn't mind-I would love feedback on them sometimes. I have always been very self concious about my stuff but I was encouraged to start putting them out there for people to see. And at some point I'll probably try to make a cd with my LDS music I have written. Its a goal anways! so yeah-there you have it.
I'm off for the evening-I'm watching The Producers tonight on TV>I love that my brother has movie channels! And that movie is definantly one of my all time favorites!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hi, Rachelle! Congratulations on getting your first job in the Valley!!!!!!!!! Good lyrics, too...I can imagine that on the radio. Do you write the notes for the words, too? Feel better soon!

Cassidi Marie said...

shut up... 'chelle works at hollister?
oh man, oh man... i can't wait to tell tucker. you're getting crap for this one. lol.

como se desay...
bff discount? lol.

so go check out my update... awesome pics of your bestie. lol.
xoxo
-cass-

Kim said...

You don't seem the "valley girl" type to me! Glad you got the job and hope you get another one soon. Lyrics are nice. I need to get into that again. Have a super day!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin