Sunday, February 24, 2008

I think I'll go to Boston......???

Well, I have been home the last few days. And man-its been kinda nice! Specifically because I didn't have to be in school! School has gotten on my nerves lately, so to speak lol(: For our EAC music department tour, we had some GREAT performances up here in the White Mountains! We stayed the night in Show Low, so Felicia and I stayed at my house-very convenient(: It was a really fun experience and I certainly needed the break to have some fun! And what better fun than spending it with my choir friends!
Friday night, I remained in Show Low with my family of course. And one of my very good friends, Kaylee Adams, had her wedding reception. It was so cute the way they had everything! I think I'll pretty much steal some of the ideas for my reception someday! It was fun seeing her so happy and starting her new life! Someday.....someday.....(:

Saturday, I got to see one of Dallas's basketball games! My little brother is getting so good at soccer and basketball! I hope he continues it through jr. high and high school! After the game, and getting some homework done, Mitchell and I went and saw the movie "Jumper", starring the adorable, Hayden Christiansen.It was quite a movie! I must say-very good. I will warn you-if you plan on seeing it-that there was not really a point to it-just an idea in someone's head I'm sure, but it was a very good action movie! Cassidi and I decided it would make a good TV series!

So, after a movie, I hung out at home for a while. Then Cassidi came over so we could have our usual "virgin daquiris".(: I miss her so much!
After that, I spent some quality time with two of my best friends that I graduated with and have known forever-Kelsey Garvin and Jeanie DeWitt! They are so amazing! I wish I could see them more! We went out for ice cream, and then much to my surprise, I also had the opportunity to see my seminary teacher from high school-Brother Hofeling! As well as his wife and 2 of his kids. His son, Jacob-is like my little brother so we talk a lot! They are living in the valley and were up this weekend so I was very very happy to see them! They are really awesome people! The picture is me and Jacob-he is a silly kid!

So, it was a really fun saturday night, just catching up with old friends and relaxing!
Now it is Sunday and I will get to attend my home ward before heading back to Thatcher! I have had a break, but now I'm ready to go back and change some things around. Its been kinda rough this semester, but already I am growing from it and I think I finally have some motivation to get my act more together and make it through this semester. That's all I can do right? I know I have said this before, but I wasn't always practicing what I preached. Even if it was to myself. As my good friend Ryan Allen says, "Live life to its fullest. Because you never know when you might wake up dead.(:" (or something like that)
I hope you all are having a great weekend! Have a nice week!

4 comments:

Kari said...

Hey Rachelle--thanks for the "waking up dead" comment...it's a good reminder I'm sure...of WHAT, I'm not so sure... :)

Kari said...

And yes, about your title, of COURSE you should go visit Boston, just wait a few months, K?

jeaniebug said...

oh saturday night was so fun!!! i miss the easy and FUN days of high school!

Cassidi Marie said...

awww.... i miss you too.
figures i'd need a daquri as soon as you left.
xoxo
-cass-

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin