Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Change in Me

Allow me to start this blog with the words of Douglas Adams:
"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."
This week has finally begun! Ok, well-it began yesterday for me it seems. I have had some real interesting days since I got back from Mexico. Days that were good and bad and somewhat of an emotional roller coaster you could say. I lost even more track of things, and almost felt like giving up on everything. As one of my friends put it, while crying the other day, she said, "You must be doing something right because Satan is trying to get to you and bring you down." So true! I have learned even more that Satan does not want me to succeed. But with the faith and confidence of my friends, my biology teacher, and my best friend-the Lord, I now have faith and confidence in myself, and truly feel that my I can get through this semester. I feel more motivated to do my part and really truly trust in my Heavenly Father to help me. My trust has wavered a lot, but I feel a lot stronger and really feel like I have been changing so much, especially lately. I'm not sure if its a change in heart, or a change of thought or what! It makes sense in my head, but maybe not so much when I let it out of my mouth or written down lol(:

I wrote some new lyrics after having some rough days. The song is called Ready to Smile Again. I don't have the lyrics with me at the moment but i'll post them later. I even have music on the guitar for them! So-as the title of my song says, I AM ready to smile again. My good friend Felicia reminded me this morning that I should look outside my window and try to see only the good things out there. And once I do that, I can look at the day and try to see the good things that have happened today. Felicia-you are amazing! It reminds me of a favorite quote of mine by President Hinkley. He says, "I ask that you not seek out the storms in life, but more fully enjoy the sunlight." Its so true. I have testimony of anything our late prophet has said!
I appreciate my friends so much. They really have pulled me through the last few days. I am greatful for many things. I guess thats the way we should feel when we are having a rough time. Whether small rough times or big rough times! Look at the eternal perspective-because Eternity is all thats really going to matter in the end.

This week has been busy otherwise. Rehearsals are starting to get longer lol! It's kinda fun anyways! School is, well school. I'm trying to learn 5 new songs for voice. Arrgg.....! Whatev....(; Tomorrow, there will be a YSA tri-stake Carnival! I am super excited! Should be a great Friday night activity. It's kinda lame when there is no activities going on, such as last weekend! Last weekend however, I did go on a date with a guy that is from, what do you know-Pinetop. Yes, he went to Blue Ridge-my rival school! I knew him before his mission and he is just working down here now. It was fun. He is one crazy kid!

Other than that jazz, life is good. I'm happy-really happy! I just ask you all to remember this, "Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." Don't be afraid of change inside you. It's all for some kind of good in the end!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hi, Rachelle-
Sorry you have had a few bad days, it sounds like. You are a good example of perseverance, as usual! Hope your weekend is fun. :)

Andrea Camille said...

I love that quote from President Hinckley too!
"I am an optimist! What a wonderful time it is to be alive...my plea is that we 'accentuate the positive.' I am asking that we look a little deeper for the good, that we still our voices of insult and sarcasm, that we more generously compliment and endorse virtue and effort."

Cassidi Marie said...

you like douglas adams?
who knew! lol.

rachelle, here's one of my favvy quotes...

"everything will be okay in the end. if it's not okay, it's not the end."

love ya.

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin