Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I'll Be Home For Christmas!

Yay! I am so so so happy to be home now! Finals are done! What a relief! I have to remember that I can relax now! No worries...well....yeah haha. I finished my last final(math) at about 130 today and left at 2. Happy Day! Now I am home just hanging out with my family and Emily-my BFF came to see me tonight! I miss her and my family so much! Tomorrow will consist of going to the Show Biz choir class-my old choir of course-to hang out for old times sake! I will also get to spend some time with my other BFF-Cassidi and do the daquiri thing-of course! Yay for the holidays!

This morning, I had my choir final(: All it was, was a short 15 minute interview with Dr. Bishop-my choir director! Let me just say-I used to be really intimidated by him, but I have truly grown to love and appreciate him so much-and just in the last couple weeks. He is an amazing person! The interview was to discuss my grade (A+ (:) and talk about my experience in choir thus far, which has been awesome! Also, we talked about my recent goals of BYU and such. And......well-not just from the discussion today, but I have been thinking a lot lately about that. At this point in my life, I can't see BYU happening. Not next year anyway. For one thing, I don't think I have the grades this semester to get in. I didn't fail anything but I know I got at least one C in a class. That lowers my chances of getting into BYU. Second of all, I'm not sure I have prepared enough, or can prepare enough any more to audition for the music program. Dr. Bishop nicely put that after Jury yesterday(my vocal final), I am not prepared enough for it. So, as this break begins, I have a few things to think and pray about. I'm starting to think that, yes I have worked hard this semester, but I may end up deciding to just drop the application process and not go and do my audition. I have really learned a lot from this semester and know some things I need to improve and change next semester. Dr. Bishop-again, he is awesome!-gave me some really good advice. He knows a lot of what I'm going through and understands really well. I'm so glad that he cares about his students and really does love us! I've definantly warmed up to him a lot! Along with that decision, I need to start thinking about a major. Yes-I am having second thoughts about being a music major. I have been thinking a lot about other options the last few weeks. I just feel like I need to look at some other things. I will always have music in my life if I don't major in it. Or maybe I'll get an associates or minor it. I don't know yet! A friend of mine talked about it last night actually and he told me that it really is ok to go down different paths before choosing the right one. I guess I couldn't get that through my head before! So, looks like I have some decisions to make! All part of life right? I appreciate all those who have given me advice thus far, my friends, my mom, my family, and my new friend Dr. Bishop(:! Anywho, I'm excited for Christmas and my time I get to spend at home-with the snow! And hopefully I will be able to start putting pictures on here! Hope all is going well with the rest of you! Have a great rest of the week!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Hi, Rachelle--how exciting, to have finals over with!! You have definitely worked hard this term. Enjoy family, and no homework for a couple of weeks!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin