Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dare You to Move

So I have to say, I really need to get more in the habit of running. I know I have said this before, but I'm having a new outlook on things...once again. [It's just part of life ya know?] I'm finding that running is something that lets me be by myself and actually have time to think. Of course, I have a lot on my mind right now and as I ran this morning, but in general-it takes me away from the madness in my oh-so-sometimes-thrilling life. Plus, when I run, I listen to my ipod and I find theme songs for life as I know it at the time. This time, the theme song, one I've heard many times but never thought about much or how it had to do with my life right now until I was thinking and running. I'd like to share the lyrics with you today. Its somewhat of a love song, but I've learned from Dr. Bishop that there are many ways to look at lyrics of a song.
All We Are by Matt Nathanson
I tasted tasted love so sweet
And all of it was lost on me
Bought and sold like property
Sugar on my tongue

I kept falling over
I kept looking backward
I went broke believing
That the simple should be hard

All we are we are All we are we are
And everyday is a start of something beautiful

I wasted wasted love for you
Trading out for something new
Well, it's hard to change the way you lose
If you think you've never won

Cause all we are we are
All we are we are
And everyday is the start of something beautiful

And in the end the words don't matter
Cause in the end nothing stays the same
And in the end dreams just scatter and fall like rain
Cause all we are we are, all we are we are

And everyday is the start of something beautiful, something real
ALL WE ARE WE ARE
I've learned a lot this week. Sadly, I'm seeing a repeat of last summer....rough....yet different situations and this time I actually know how to deal with it a lot better. I'm working on a lot of "self" things and its been good. I know I have to be greatful for what I do have, and have faith in the future. I'm greatful for the following things:
~My music. (: Where would I be without it? I love the inspiration I've had this summer and the people that inspire me. Music is my heart and soul.
~The scriptures. I tend to slack off a bit during most summers, but not this time. I'm determined to read everyday and learn more from the Book of Mormon. It's so powerful and gives me hope.
~My family...who teaches me not to give up hope and not to be so selfish(:
I start my online Astronomy class on Monday and I'm slightly looking forward to it(: I know it will keep me busy and it will be a fun class. Plus my friend Tiffany is also taking it with me so we can help each other out(:
Other than that, nothing is really going on. I'm just lookin for work and composing and planning Emily's bridal shower and helpin her with plans! Yep-trying to stay busy as always!

Have a great week everyone!
LOL!

No comments:

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin