Friday, May 22, 2009

Something Worth Your Time

*Random thought of the day: I have recently become aware of the fact that a person can live 6.1% longer if they "give" more than they "take". And old wise man told me that the other day. Its very true. You should give more than you take. It not only shows service to others but you become less selfish that way. I think I'm going to think about that and work on that more. The End.*

1: I found a job, for those of you curious(: Shortly after returning to Show Low, I was "lucky" enough to get a job as a hostess at Licano's Mexican resturaunt. Woot. So far, so good. I'm startin to get the hang of things. Mostly its learning the computer. Seating people is easy. So hopefully it all goes well for the summer. I also am teaching a couple kids piano lessons. A little extra cash is nice(: Lots of money to make this summer!

I'm trying my best to have some fun this summer and enjoy it, though the difficulty of adjusting to home. [tossing a turning at night(:, its hard to not be in my own bed!] I have to remember that its temporary and I'm "lucky" to have free living and food!

Also, its been strange because in the last week or so, I have run into several friends that I haven't seen in a couple years. People I graduated with and such. It's been fun though and I've exchanged numbers with a couple of them so we can hang out this summer! It certainly has made up for missing my thatcher friends! It's also brought back alot of memories.

I gotta say, when I left Show Low, and especially as I got involved in a new life in Thatcher, I decided to really leave Show Low and most of the people behind. Besides a couple of my best friends of course. It took me some time, but I finally realized that it was ok to move on and leave some things and people behind. Especially as I met some really amazing people at EA! So, it really has been wierd running into old friends.
Last night, my brother Mitchell graduated from high school. That was very strange too. I'm so proud of him though. My whole family is. My dad came from Farmington and Grandma Kay from Tuscon. It was great! Grandma Kay took us out to lunch. Mitchell was really excited to be done! Good luck to his future!




I also got to see my dear Cassidi graduate! I'm so happy for her as well! She will do great things!
Other than that fun stuff, 2 weeks til my mom's wedding. I can't wait to see all my family and wear my new dress and all that jazz(:
I'm also starting to help Emily with her wedding plans as well. She has "assigned" me as the Music Coordinator/DJ/Slideshow coordinator/maid of honor/bridalshowerplanner(: It's what I do(: I went dress shopping with her yesterday and she found one amazing dress! Its gorgeous and she looks gorgeous in it!
Well, I"m off to help mom clean the house. The joys of being home(:
Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Where's #2? :)

Andrea Camille said...

You are definately right. This was worth my time. It was very poetic actually. I like reading your blog, because you can always look at the positive side of life. I am also so glad that Emily found a dress! I was kinda bummed when that lady said "appointments only"...but I hope to see photos of her wedding eventually...as well as your mother's. I am glad to hear you got a job, and that you are learning to adjust to home life. I love you!

Kari said...

Excellent, Rachelle--
You found a job! Sounds like 2 jobs, actually--the restaurant and teaching piano.

I hear you, on sleeping in your own bed...but you'll get used to it! And no rent for the summer...can't beat that... :)

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin