Wednesday, August 13, 2008

This Is Home. I'm Finally Where I Belong!

*Random Thought[s] of the Day: Always have a budget plan. I can't tell you enough how amazing BUDGETING is! I have a spreadsheet that I keep updated and it keeps me organized(: I recommend it, especially for college students such as myself. So yeah......any questions or more details? Ask me! Another random thought of the day-You know what being a hostess reminds me of? Hostess snacks! So did that mean that I was a hostess snack at the Crowne Plaza? Like-a ding dong, or a twinkie? Felicia told me-Just don't be a ho-ho(:*
I AM HOME! I AM IN THATCHER! Truly, the place where I belong. My life as I know it is here right now. I was overjoyed with happiness(thats almost an oxymoron)
when I drove into Thatcher with my friend Dace yesterday. I was happy to have left the heat of the valley. I went to Mesa on Monday night and started packing all my stuff. Tuesday I went to get my last check at work and turn in my ugly royal blue shirt. Tues night, I went out to Olive Garden with Brandon and Jen. And yesterday morning, before I left, Jen and I went and did some shopping so I could get a few clothes for school. It was great! Now, I'm back, and...just about organized and I have food to eat! I was very happy to see my beautiful roommates!Whitney and I actually stayed up talking and catching up for a while last night. And I got to see some other awesome friends who are back as well. And hey-already met some new people too! School starts Monday so I have a few more days of freedom!But I'm glad I can spend that freedom here.

I believe I am ready for school to begin. I'm excited for [most]of my classes. Mainly my music classes. It should be a good year. I really have learned a lot from this summer, believe it or not. Its been rough but I am trying to look at the good stuff that came out of it. For example,*I became closer with my best friend Adam*I had a really good singles ward to go to*I got some experience doing hostessing*I made some good friends at my work*And finally, I got a new nephew!
Ethan Micheal DamBrosio! He is adorable and is healthy! Born on August 11th, at 7lbs,5 oz. [much smaller than Stephanie's other kids btw]
So, i'm glad to be here and start a new year. Here is a quote to sum it up I suppose.
"Our lives are not determined by what happens to us but by how we react to what happens, not by what life brings to us, but by the attitude we bring to life. A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events, and outcomes. It is a catalyst, a spark that creates extraordinary results."
I want to try to live by that this year. Be more positive and...well-making lemonade of course(: I want to be more outgoing and be a good friend to those around me. So here I go!
Stay tuned for more of, "A day in the life of one unique girl!"

1 comment:

Kari said...

Hi, Rachelle!
Glad you made it back safe and sound. Here's to a great semester!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin