Monday, August 4, 2008

Life Up In The Air

Random thought of the day: Anyone who votes for Barack Obama....shouldn't. That's it.
The following lyrics by Cheri Magill are alot of whats up with my life or how i'm thinking right now:

Up In The Air
I long to write my plans in pen
I often find myself wondering when
I wish that I could see the finish line
I'd like to be given some kind of sign
With life up in the air my faith has learned to fly
I know whose hands are covering my eyes
Wherever I land will be hallowed ground to me
I know that He has placed me where I should be

I've seen so many forks in the road
But I've been shown which way I should go
I've blinked and years have faded away
I see how things have fallin into place.....

~This week, or rather mostly the weekend has been bittersweet. Several ups and downs, as has happened alot in the past year. I stayed really busy last week with work and such.
Saturday, I attempted to head up to Show Low for a couple days, which is where I am now. However, my car broke down near globe and an hour outside of Show Low. It overheated and then eventually would not even turn over and try to start. Stupid mistake on my part-I didnt' bother checking the oil before I left the valley. So, my mom came and got me in Globe Sat. night and we left my car on the side of the road where it broke down. (PS-Got my first ride in a police car-a cop took me into Globe with my stuff to wait for my mom there. I looked like a starving musician because I had my brothers guitar with me and a suitcase and had to wait at McDonalds...no I did not get a picture)In the long run, my engine ended up locking up. Therefore-I will not be going back to school with a car, which is ok-I'll survive-ish. However, I had to quit my job in Chandler a week and a half early due to not being able to make it back down there. I will go back there on Monday though to get all my other stuff packed up and take care of a couple things with work. And then at some point next week I will just head back to Thatcher for school. Lets just say-its been a long last few days. Very stressful infact. After the summer I've been through, I've had it with all of this(: BUT...its ok. Because I've had alot of encouragement from my mom and other family and really awesome friends. Encouragement to keep going and just keep putting my trust in the Lord. He is testing my faith by putting these few trials on me I'm sure. I know I'm being shown which way to go. I even landed a couple of babysitting jobs here in Torreon like I used to do in the summer. That had to be pure luck! Sometimes, like the song by Augustana, I just do want to go to Boston! There I'll find a new life. Or New York! Somewhere far away from here. Not to run away from things, but sometimes I would rather just do that. I have been lucky to see some rain here in the mountains. And I had a virgin daquiri last night, so half my problems are solved(: I also have gotten to spend some amazing time with old friends from HS-Chelsea, Jourdan, Alex-you guys rock my face off! And I plan on seeing some more buddies this week as well.
So....onto Plan B I guess! Sometimes life hands you really sour lemons and they hit you hard in the face. Good thing I like lemonade so much so I'll just have to keep it comin! Thank you so much to those who have been there for me, whether its been the whole summer or just recently or whatever. I dont' know where I would be without any of you! Have a good week everyone.

4 comments:

Kari said...

You're awesome, Rachelle! (And that is all I have to say...) :)

Andrea Camille said...

What a strong girl you are! We all have our trials and they are always the worst trials anyone could ever have, and what we do with those trials is how we grow and learn. I am glad you have decided to make lemonade out of life itself. Keep up that optimism! I love you doll!

Unknown said...

Rachelle, you are amazing. You really are such a good example to me in all that you do. You really are a great friend and I appreciate everything you do for me. Just remember this little old saying too to go along with lemons, and that is when it rains just remember to dance in it :) something like that. All my lovin'! ;)

Cassidi Marie said...

so, i know i'm offically the lamest. i'm sorry to the sixteenth power. let me know when you're back up?
loves and kisses,
cass

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin