Saturday, April 12, 2008

What happens when Rachelle cooks?!?!

What happens when you put fish sticks in the microwave and put the timer on 20 minutes?



I know what you're thinking....its funny and i'm a blonde! Yeah. It will be one to tell for years though! Sorry the pictures were from my phone and a little blurry but they are what they are! So the story:

I figured hey-I only have 3 fishsticks left and so I'll just put them in the microwave, (even though there were specifically NO directions for cooking them in the microwave, but honestly-you all should know that I don't read directions for anything most of the time :p). Well-when you cook them in the oven, you do it for 15 or 20 minutes. I ASSUMED it was the same for the microwave. So I put them in and set the timer on it for 20 min and walked away. Infact, I walked into my room and closed the door. Thank goodness 2 of my roommates were in the kitchen. While in my room, oblivious to anything going on outside my room, I suddenly hear Hannah yelling, "Rachelle! Get out here right now!" Oh boy. I walk out of my room, and into an apartment filled with smoke. The microwave was open and so I took a look, while coughing my way through the smoke. Lo and behold-there was my plate of burnt fishsticks and they were black! Not only that, as shown in the pictures, there were holes melted into the plastic plate that the fishsticks were on. Windows and the front door remained open for the rest of the day. We needed to get the smell out so we could allow the dinner company we had coming over that evening(: What an adventure right?! Of course about half the neigbors know now thanks to my roommates. We even had some come over wondering what the smell was........oh dear. The adventures of Rachelle in the kitchen-could be a novel. Ha ha jk! I really am not that bad of a cook-it just so happens that I have issues once in a while. The good news of Saturday, was that I am finally conquering pancakes! Yay! Anyway-it was a must share story on my part. Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

Kari said...

EEeeewwww...it's the melted plastic that you smell forEVER. Yuk! Well, now you can remember that "20 minutes" and "microwave" do NOT go together in the same sentence! Better luck next time...

Kim said...

Just remember, all you blog readers, Rachelle's mother did NOT teach her how to cook fishsticks in the microwave - she figured that one out all by herself!

jeaniebug said...

HAHHAHAHAHAHA yep!! made my day!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin