Thursday, July 9, 2009

Busy, Heat, Busy, Eat, Busy, Sleep, Busy, Compose, Busy....

*Random Thought of the Day: Perfection. What's the real meaning of the word? The definition in the dictionary says that perfection is: a quality, trait, or feature of the highest degree of excellence. Well, I think we all know that no one or nothing is actually "Perfect". We all make mistakes and we are supposed to. How else will we learn? Why am I talking about something we know already today? Well, Harriet Braiker said, "Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing." We can always shoot for our best, which is the excellence. But it's never going to be perfect because God knows how imperfect we are, as long as we at least try. I'm learning that more and more these days. But it seems that each time I get discouraged from making a mistake, I hear the spirit tell me that its ok. I did my best and I need the mistakes to learn. After all, "No one is perfect... that's why pencils have erasers." ~Author Unknown. The End.*


I found a new job! I got hired on at the local theatre! I do only have about 6 weeks left of summer, but they were willing to still hire me so yay-my parents don't have help me as much! I just prefer to make my own money! Happy Day! I really like the job too. It's very laidback and easy and they are letting me have Sundays off(for obvious reasons) as well as Saturdays, due to the fact that I have something going basically every saturday til I leave between my class and Emily's wedding. So hopefully I can get in a good amount of hours for the last month or so that I'm here. Any little bit helps! It's truly been an answer to prayer getting this job. Things always work out.

I have been super super busy this week! Its nuts! My Astronomy class is SO much work! I have to keep remembering...2 weeks left-thats it! I just have a lot of studying to start doing for my final which is on the 25th down in Thatcher. Plus keeping up with my 3 labs a week and exams. AHHH....but I'm doing my best(; Emily's bridal shower is a week from this saturday so I'm trying to get all that together, plus help her with some other things.
Last night, I got to go on a really fun blind date. I'm not usually fond of blind dates but I was excited for this one and it went well! One of my mom's best friends, Elizabeth, set me up with her nephew Josh. We doubled with Ben and Chelsea. Ben is Elizabeths son and him and his fiance Chelsea have been friends of mine forever! So we went to dinner at Denny's and then went bowling and then played Mario Cart at Chelsea's, which Josh and I did terrible at(: But we laughed about it the whole time! Josh was a cute guy and we had a lot of fun together!
Mom had foot surgery yesterday. All went well and she should return home this evening, most likely in a cast for a while! Thanks to all of you for your prayers for the surgery! Our family appreciates it!

Well, this is not too exciting but I gotta work on yet more, Astronomy! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin