Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Weekend Joy!

*Random Thought of the Day: Forgive and Forget. What does it really mean? I'll tell you this much-I have sure learned a lot about it lately, and surely gained a stronger testimony of forgiveness. Sometimes, someone may really offend or hurt you. And, I'm one who sometimes tends to hold a grudge, which, due to recent events, I decided needs some work. I've learned that it's easier to let go sometimes, ESPECIALLY, if the other person doesn't apologize or simply doesn't care. Ok, so its actually kinda hard, but really-what else can you do? This is why we are told to pray for our enemies and those who despitefully use us. It helps in the forgivness process. A couple of steps though take place with forgiveness. 1)If you have done anything to offend them, repent of that first. It's kinda like being the bigger person. 2) Pray for that person and their forgiveness and pray for them to have a softened heart.

Even if they never do their part of it, as long as YOU have moved on and forgiven THEM, thats your part done and as I've learned, the Lord blesses you for following those commandments and trying to become more like him. Forgive. Then forget it ever happened. Life really does go on that way.*

Hey All! Thought I'd do a quick update...and I mean quick since today is SO completely insane. I would have updated this weekend, had I been able to figure out my picture dilema..don't ask.
So, I gotta tell ya-this past week went by fast, but slowed down at the end! I was very glad when Friday hit and especially when Friday was over! I was sick with a terrible cough and congestion all week(still am). I had a really great weekend though, which is what I'm writing about today!Funny Story:
So, Friday night, I went on a date with a friend of mine and 2 other couples. Our activity involved rocks! We went and gathered a bunch of big rocks and took them over to a hill nearby on the side of some back roads. With the rocks, we spelled out HELP. Why help? I don't know. I reccomended CTR or MARRY ME or something. But the boys decided on Help. So, we spray painted them white so that you can see it with your headlights when you drive up to it at night.
After that, we enjoyed dinner at Denny's.
The next day, I get this call from Stephen, my date. He informs me that him and Jason decided to go see what it looked like during the day. Lo and Behold, 2 cop cars were parked at that hill, taking "evidence" pictures. Jason and Stephen were pretty sure they might get in trouble. So, thank goodness Jason's uncle is a sheriff in town. He called either his Uncle or the Sheriff's office and told them that well, it was us just having some fun on a date. The sheriff's office laughed! I thought it was pretty hilarious myself. They told Jason next time, don't spell HELP. They'd gotten several calls about it that day. My illegal act of the weekend(:

Saturday, I had another date with my friend Tom and also 2 other couples, including my roommate Hannah. We went to this really awesome place called Red Knolls, just outside of Pima. There are a bunch of caves and holes that we explored, after having some lunch! Pictures! Yay!



































-Tom and everybody in the caves.
-Me and Tom-hangin out on the rocks!
-Climbing in and out of caves
-Fun Stuff!It was all a great weekend!
And....in about 8 hours from writing this blog, I'm leaving for my choir tour in Utah! YAY! No really, we are leaving at 2 AM! I'm so excited! (not about 2 am but yeah anyway...)I can't even tell you how excited I am! I've been looking forward to this trip forEVER!
So, I need to go pack and I'll definantly have pictures from my trip! Woot!
Have a great rest of the week everyone!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Hi, Rachelle! Fantastic post! Sounds like you had so much fun, even though you're sick. Sorry about that part. Great climbing photos, by the way--thanks for including them. Good luck with your choir trip!

Andrea Camille said...

Rachelle! Hey dollface. I love your blog...and the fact that you keep it updated. Your pictures are great. I really really really hope to see you this weekend. You are so close that it would be ridiculous if we didn't see each other. Anyway, love your blog, love the music on your blog, and love you.

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin