Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mood Swings and the Story of my Life

*Random thought of the Day: I'm sorry but I can't take Facebook anymore...and I don't even have one.
REASONS NOT to have a Facebook:
1.
The Whole "Relationship Status" thing...just co
nfuses people! People seriously FREAK OUT if someone suddenly puts 'It's complicated' as their status, or just put that they are suddenly 'single'. It makes small towns really look like a small town. Get over it people and quit gossiping!
2. People are starting to make facebook accounts...for their rubber chickens. Really? I mean-REALLY?! It's like-GET A HOBBY for goodness sake!
3. Everyone is majorly addicted to Facebook. And I quote, some new famous sayings,
"Do you have a facebook?"
"Of course I do! So does my Mom!"
"Sweet! Let's be facebook friends. I'll add you!"
Seriously...people spend hours into the night chatting with friends and changing their status or whatever. Again...get a new hobby!
4. Back to the obsession thing...people like Christy Dobbs are trying to collect a thousand friends on Facebook. You can only have so many friends.
5. If you really want to try to find old friends, well, get their email or their phone number. I avoid contact with most people from years ago. Once again, you can only have so many friends and unless your still stuck in Show Low for whatever reason, you've probably made new friends elsewhere(:
6. Get a Blog.
THE END. PS-If you are reading this and currently have a Facebook account, my apologies..sorta...you should know that I'm opinionated and the Facebook thing was getting on my nerves so move on and keep all obnoxious comments to yourself. Social networking is over rated....Thanks!

So, I went over 2 weeks without blogging..big deal! Nothing exciting happened til this week haha!

Well, I've also been trying to still catch up from being on tour....not to mention, I ended up being sick for an extra week or so. Sinus Infection...bleh! I started running a fever last week so I went to an urgent care place and got put on perscriptions...which had terrible side effects of giving me major mood swings...RIDICULOUS and ANNOYING. I mean, I was crying over things that I usually blow off...arrggg....But I had to keep taking the pills til they were gone. And life goes on....

Valentine's Day this year was well...ok. I mean, being Single and all is GRRR......Great! Haha..no really-it was alright. Saturday morning, was the wonderful groundbreaking for the Gila Valley Temple, soon to start construction! My a capella choir sang a special number so we got to sit right up front. Neil A. Anderson was the main speaker. He was great! It was a nice ceremony...but....COLD. And not to mention, I was still very sick and sleep deprived. So sadly, I didn't get to enjoy it as much as I would have liked. Oh well. I went home and took a 2 hour nap! That night, Emily and I who(she was sick as well with a cough), went and saw the movie "He's Just Not That Into You" Holy moly....It was HILARIOUS! Pretty much one of those movies that guys and girls can take notes from about relationships. It was so great! Plus it had several of my favorite actors in it...Jennifer Aniston, Ben Affleck....they were great! After we saw that movie, we went back to Emily's while I ate Ice Cream and some goodies my mom sent, and we watched "10 Things I hate about you". It was fantastic! I was mainly happy because I had a whole bag (plus 2 boxes) of conversation hearts! Seriously-they are my favorite part of Valentine's day every year! (Of course..there was the time I got Josh Groban concert tickets, but thats besides the point!) Anyway........and life continues being single(:







Well, I'm done with The Music Man. Its great because I made some awesome friends with the other assistants! They are so cool! And I grew attatched to a couple of the kids as well(: Music Man was fun, but now I have some extra time back! I'm sure I will fill it up with more studying and such...The Pictures below are Me with the other assistants and some of the kids,including my adorable redhead girls!













On Saturday, my family came! I was SOOOO happy! I missed my mom! Her and Duane and Dallas and Andrea came for the day! So, we took a drive up to Mount Grahm. and had lunch and took some pictures. Emily came with us too.


After that we just hung out at my apartment til I had to be at the play. Then my family came to the play and it was awesome!


*Thanks again Mom for the box of food! You rock my world. Yes I just said that.
*PS-Dallas is officially as tall as me. I don't like it.

Well, other than all that jazz, nothing TOO terribly exciting is going on. I go on YET another choir tour next week, followed by a hoped to be amazing Spring Break! I'm not quite looking forward to tour...mainly because I JUST got caught up in math from the last tour. Yay-another 3 days of school to be missed. Oh well. I have to go and I'll make myself have fun!

Now...I have to go do homework. Have a wonderful rest of the week everyone!
Peace Out.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Hi, Rachelle!

Cute photos. "Music Man" looks like it was a jolly time.

I'm a little amazed at the Facebook thing, too...although I do have an account! I read that it gets 5 million new members WEEKLY. Yes, you read that right. But people post some pretty ridiculous things. (And your friend trying for 1000 friends? Wow.)

Well, get better and bring back some more photos from your next choir tour! Excellent! :)

Kim said...

Mt. Graham was so gorgeous! Thanks for inviting us - we had a great time! Yes, your BABY brother is as tall as you - and still growing! We love you - have fun on tour!

Nate and Brooke Adams Family said...

oh i see how it is. you mention your mom and family coming to visit you but not you favorite cousins in the whole wide world. psh. jk. we still love you. that is so cool that you got to be at the temple ground breaking ceremony!

Unknown said...

You know Rachelle, I'm a bit amazed at how obsessed you are about the Facebook thing, just in the opposite direction. Before you tell people to get over their obsession, get over yours. Facebook does get out of hand, but it can be used in a good way as well. My advise for you is to try to see the good in things. Now that I'm done ripping on your blog I'll leave. Sorry if I offended you but you weren't too worried about it in your blog either. Have a wonderful spring break, I love you, and I'll see you later!

Felshaw

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin