Wednesday, November 12, 2008

What's Yours is Mine, and What's Mine is Mine

*Random thought of the day: I hate excercise. To me, getting up in the morning is a moving violation. The only exercise I get is pushing my luck, stretching the truth, and jumping to conclusions, although, I have been known to carry a grudge. (: Ok-so I didn't make that up, but I thought it was funny, and its how I really am and feel sometimes! I have "funny luck" rather, as Alex would say; I am a terrible liar but I try!; and heck yes I jump to conclusions-bad habit really; and I try not to carry grudges but I do get annoyed with people easily sometimes! Thats it for randomness!*

Its been AGES since I've blogged...I know....quit freaking out everyone! My life was stolen by aliens. I mean...my 10 page english paper, which could be very similary truth be told. Which by the way is DONE! Done and out of my life FOREEEEVER! What a load off my shoulders. Though, I have learned much about Islam and politics, I hope it will be a while before I have to write another paper like that....oh how I hope!




I also made another huge accomplishment-that being my voice recital. Yes lucky me-it was also yesterday/last night. And it went awesome-not gonna lie! I felt really good about it. The piece was a german song and its a very happy/chipper/cute song. So, all semester my voice teacher has been saying to sing it like Jazelle from Enchanted! Anyone who knows me well-knows that Enchanted is practically my favorite movie! [I'm the one who saw it 3 times in theatres and then bought it on DVD the day it came out(:] Anyway-I also just happen to have red hair like Jazelle and I can sing. So-I put on an adorable dress of Emily's and did my hair all cute, with a flower and everything, and I sang as though I were Jazelle! It was awesome! Kaleb, my accompanist was even "threatening" to make me be in character (I was a little nervous...), by saying he was going to throw little birds at me(: No worries-the performance went great!























In other quick news....I guess I should say Congrats to Barrack Obama, our new President of the United States. So, since I decided I"m officially Republican, it should be interesting to see what happens the next little while. Honestly-I was a little "upset" when he won. As you all know-half my jokes on my blog are about Obama. Well-I'm over it. Because obviously, he was meant to have won, and who knows-maybe he can bring SOME good to this country. There must be some hope right? At least Proposition 102 passed and that is at least some good for now. Only time will tell the things to come. Hey-thats a good quote!

So you want to know whats been going on in my life do ya? Let me think.......well I kinda said already about my english paper/recital-which has taken up alot of my time. BUT.....PS-Simon says hi! Anyway......last weekend, I took a little trip. To the valley. I suppose it was an ok trip. We did family pictures, which i'm sure most of you will see in Christmas cards. So-I went down on Friday with Whitney and stayed at Kris and Jessica's. They took me to a lovely dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. Very good food!
I luckily had time to work on and get a lot of my english paper done! Lovely I must say. It was good to see my mom and my brothers though! I just miss Thatcher whenever I leave. I will probably go through withdrawels when I leave for good.
Anyway, now that life has settled down a bit...ish....my new project is oh-passing music theory and Aurel Perception. Of course I'm failing my music classes, that being my major. Its ok though. Promise! My MT teacher, is seriously the best! I will owe him big time when I leave here. And even when I get through this semester I will owe him. He has pretty much been going out of his way to help me out. I have been going in to work with him one on one so that I can review the things I've learned thus far in the semester, and really understand them better and work on my short term memory issues. [apparently my short term memory is not very good]. But yeah, he has been a big help this week and I have a lot of faith that I can pass and do well this semester. My instructor is LDS and so he is just way cool! So....good luck to me!
Life is good. I'm looking forward to buying Jenn a puppy! [Don't ask] Life is life as I know it. Now its another joyful weekend of relaxing and doing extra music theory homework!
I'm singing in church on Sunday. I love performing! Should go well.
Hope you all have a nice weekend...remember-don't do anything I wouldn't help you with!
TATA!

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hi, Rachelle! Excellent, on your music recital. Very fun photos! AND to have completed a 10-page research paper: that's a very big deal. Good luck with Music Theory...at least I am guessing that's what MT means. You're awesome!

Kim said...

You look great in Emily's dress! Way to go on the recital and the paper - oh, how I remember those days.......:-(

Nate and Brooke Adams Family said...

i like that dress. and from reading your mom's comment, i guess it's Emily's. I love you girl.

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin