Sunday, November 2, 2008

Life can be...Enchanted!

Pirates! Thats right-I've been wanting to be one forever and since college students go all out for Halloween, I just had to be part of the crowd(; So me, Emily and Derek dressed as such! And I must say-we looked pretty great! I have better pictures on my digital camera, but I haven't printed those yet so this one's from my phone! Lots of fun!


Me and my favorite kids! My niece and [2] of my nephews(: It was fun to see them last weekend! My Show Low Choir buddies! Kyle Pratt, Me, Sharla Norton! Good times!










John Schmidt-Yes, I was in the front row, center seat. I'm just that lucky...and we got there really early.





Random Thought of the Day: This is one of my favorite jokes ever! It takes me back to memories of doing Beauty and the Beast in high school!
So there were these two muffins in the microwave. Suddenly, one of the muffins says, "Man, its hot in here!"
The other muffin exclaims, "AHHH! A talking muffin!"
LOL. Thought I'd share some enlightment for the day!



Well, I hoped you have enjoyed the above pictures! Time to explain!
It's been a splendid week. Up and down all over the place really. On Monday and Tuesday, for pretty much the first time this semester, I accomplished TONS! I actually looked at my schedule and to do list at the end of the day and realized that everything had been accomplished. Not to say that I never do anything, its just that I don't always do everything. So, it was quite a wonderful feeling. As shown above, Tuesday night was AWESOME! Those of you who know the LDS pianist, John Schmidt-he is amazing! I have seen two of his concerts previous to Tues. [He came to Show Low...I actually got to meet him the 2nd time(: No lies.] and I always love hearing and seeing him play. He is quite the entertainer! And it was awesome to be able to sit in the front row, center seat where I could see very well. He put on a good show as always and I wish I could play as good as him! Very amazing talent!
Bad news, I began catching a cold on Tuesday and was officially dead by Wednesday for a few days infact. But you know me-I kept going on with the things I needed to do! The cold also didnt' stop me from going on a date Wednesday night to see...HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL 3!!!!!! Oh my gosh it made me happy! It was flippin AWESOME! Yes yes, I am a huge fan of High School Musical, but this one topped them all! It had a good ending to all the movies, with better music and dancing and it was just kinda cute! I reccomend it to all ages, unless you're my roommates who just make fun of it...WHATEVER! I like it! Yeah-its cheesy but its still fun and this one really was good! I went with my mighty "Protector", which would be Simon. Hee hee-he's one of my choir buddies and really-he protects me. Even from flies at 1 in the morning....we did a double date with our other friend Kaleb and another girl. It was very entertaining. Especially when Simon kept getting excited and hitting me during the movie because he wanted to know what was going to happen next. It was like being with a child lol!



















So that was Wednesday. Thursday...still sick...bleh...and high on drugs(: Meaning nyquil and stuff. Luckily I was still able to get some things done, though practing my voice music was hard, and I was able to relax that night. Friday..thanks to my Jenn who gave me tylanol cold medicine, I slept very well and felt much better Fri morning! Still a bit stuffy but feeling fantastic! PS-Happy Halloween two days ago(: I know I certainly had a great day, and mostly night. As above picture, I just couldn't resist dressing as a female version of Jack Sparrow! Emily and I did the works-the dark makeup, beads, whatever. It was so much fun! That night there was an institute carnival and dance so we enjoyed ourselves on the dance floor all night! And boy are people creative around here! There were some awesome costumes including a tie rack, grapes, hippis, trashcans, and all sorts of other crazy things! I took some pictures but of course, they're still on my camera(: After the dance, me, Ema, Derek, and Simon watched Muppet Treasure Island. I was hoping to watch Monster House, or something more Halloween-ish, but well-I lost that one! Oh well-it was fun!
Yesterday, I got some homework and practicing done-yay-and then went to the EAC football game, where we sadly lost against one of our biggest rivals, Snow College from Utah. Man-we tried to "snowplow" them, but no such luck. Good Job EA-season's over and life goes on.
After much cheering and cold feelings[...literally-it was cold outside], I tagged along with Jenn and Abby[Jenn's roommate and my RS Pres(:] to Abby's bf's house. Hector, lives with a bunch of guys from the Colonies in Mexico! So they invited us over for some enchiladas! Oh my gosh--pretty much the best meal I have had in a long time! You gotta love REAL mexican food! Those guys could cook! Rice, beans, the works! I can't believe I ate all of it too! After that, we played a couple rounds of BS, and then went home! Quite the entertainment really!
Today, was Stake Conference of course, for everyone in Arizona! I personally really enjoyed it. Boyd K. Packer and a couple others spoke some wonderful words of wisdom and I learned alot! All the speakers truly brought the spirit. I hope those of you who are also in AZ enjoyed it as well(:
Now, the weekend is near being over...again! I hate it when that happens! I have tons more things to do this week. And to think-I'll be taking 18 credits next semester....i'll be lucky to ever be home then! And life continues.....Have a wonderful week everyone!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Wow, what a whirwind week you had! Sorry about your cold. Good job on getting "the list" done. I don't think I've completed mine for awhile now.

Hey--send me your regular mail address, will you? Thanks!

Kim said...

Well, if I could dress as a female Indiana Jones, then you certainly had my permission to dress as Jack Sparrow - great pics!!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin