Sunday, October 5, 2008

The Faithful do not murmer in affliction, but are thankful for God's Goodness

Random thought of the day: MOVIE REVIEW: Eagle Eye! It's awesome. Went with several friends last night to see it. Ok, so basically the good action is what made it good, and the fact that Shia LaBeof is incredibly sexy(: Cassidi and Emily-all I can say is WHATEVER! We have different tastes in guys so get over it! (: But anyway, I needed a good action movie so I really liked all the car crashes and stuff(: Do I sound like a total girl or what? Ok so the movie was intense. I reccomend it not to children, because of the violence. It's one of those movies you have to really follow from the beggining. Kinda different story line. If you don't know what its about, look for the preview on YouTube or movies.com. That is all.




I have had a really great week! I love being able to say that! I actually like being busy for the most part, which is I guess somewhat normal(:, but I like the fact that I'm doing well still in my classes. I've never felt so accomplished and good about school. I'm amazed really at how things are going. Probably because last year was so rough....but I'm amazed that I can keep a balance on things, for the most part. I guess this week I was just thinking about a lot of different things and call it "soul searching" if you will. I just feel like there are a lot of things I can do better, to become a better person. And whether it was through things other people said, or my institute classes, or what, I just feel there is more I can work on, spiritually. And I believe my main focus should be school right now, which is good cuz that's where I'm at anyway! I need to get through this semester and end with a bang! (Holy...and the semester is already about half over already!)
This weekend really helped because it was General Conference. Yay! It was really amazing infact! Quite a lazy weekend really. The roommates and I watched it online right here at our apartment. I loved all that the brethren (and 2 sisters) had to say! Very inspirational as well. I personally liked Pres. Dieter F. Uchtdorf and Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin's talks! I also truly felt the love of them, and our dear prophet, Thomas S. Monson. He is wonderful! It's been great to be on a spiritual high this weekend and have some refreshers and help for what's to come the rest of this semester.

So, life is good. Life is positive. Life is...life. And you know why? Becuase of what Elder Wirthlin said, "Come what may, and love it."

Have a fantastic week everyone!

1 comment:

Kari said...

I loved the conference talks, too. Have a good week ahead!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin