Monday, October 26, 2009

True Confessions

*Random thought of the Day: The Book of Mormon is true. If you've never read it or don't have a testimony of it, read it. I started re-reading the Book of Mormon a few weeks ago and have found once again, the power within. I also had the wonderful opportunity to teach relief society yesterday and the lesson was on Elder Jeffrey R. Hollands talk from conference this month. Those who watched conference know how powerful his testimony of the B o M was. It was really neat to talk about his testimony, as well as a few others, and I also talked about some of the things we learn from and do with the B o M. I think my lesson went well(: I truly felt my testimony strenghthened even more of it's wonderful truth. I challenge all of you to read it. Read it again, if you've finished already. There are things you can learn and study each time it is read. That's my testimony! The End.*

Well, time is sure going by super fast. This semester is over half over and I'm actually really glad. I'm not really burned out on school neccisarily, I'm just ready for a break and to be with my family. Thanksgiving break alone will be nice next month! I really think I'm started to get burned out on EAC. Don't get me wrong, I absoutely love it here! But I'm also ready to move on to bigger and better things. (Even if I don't know what those things are yet(:)
I've been in research mode the last week or so, looking for schools to apply to. A lot depends on what I really want to do with my music. See, music theory and I, dont' always get along(: We have a love hate relationship! It's ups and downs with us all the time haha! But, I'm really trying my best to do well and pass because I need to graduate in May. Part of my problem is that I seriously have a slight form of A.D.D. or something! That or I just really get distracted sometimes! My focus needs work. I mean, I'm doing ok, I just sometimes lose focus on the task at hand. dot dot dot.....I'll get there. Just lots to think about right now in a day in my mind!

I'm enjoying my other classes for the most part though. I decided to drop my Teachings of Isaiah Institute class however. It was on Friday's at 11:00, which on Mon/Wed, I have free to work. So Isaiah was getting to be too much and I wanted that hour to work. I don't really NEED the class to graduate or anything, and I gotta be honest, the teacher wasn't the greatest. That might sound bad, but hey-it was my choice to drop!

I'm starting to enjoy choir a little more. It was rough for a bit there because of how different things are this year, and I don't know as many people in the choir. But, we've really pulled together and we have our Fall Sing Concerts! I think it will go really well! I personally need to go over a couple of the songs that I still don't know the words on very well.....but I'm excited anyhow! And I get to see my family...well, for probably only about 15 minutes since they are coming and going very quickly, but I'll get to see them-yay! Anyone who wants to make a last minute trip down here to Fall Sing is welcome too-just let me know! And my apologies for not telling anybody ever in time about my shows. I'll try to do better next time-but please come this weekend if you can! Call me for details(:
This weekend was pretty busy for me. Friday night, I went on a date up to Fry Mesa for tinfoil dinners. That was pretty awesome! After my date, I joined my roommate at Caitlyn Jeff's totally awesome birthday party! Lots of people and lots of dancing and partying-WAY fun and just what I needed! I didn't get to bed to 2 AM(:

Saturday, I got up, got ready and was supposed to start homework but ended up talking to my mom for a while. Then I had to run to the store to get a gift for a friend's bridal shower later that day. After that, I studied for Politics with a friend, which I'm still not done with that ridiculous study guide! Then I went to EAC's Fall musical, which wasn't entirely worth my time. "The Emporer's New Clothes" is pretty cheesy. But they did do a pretty decent job with it. After that, I went to Shauna's bridal shower, but not for long because then I went home and studied some more, before I went to the Football game, which we won apparentlly. I also didn't stay for all of that since I also had plans to go watch a group called "Light Entertainment". A group of high school kids that do show choir type stuff. They came a couple years ago and are not bad. Typically high school students though, if you know what I mean(; Oh and I got another letter from my dear missionary-Stephen! Woot! No, I don't actually "have" (QUOTE ON QUOTE!) a missionary(: Or do I? It's debatable haha! That's all I'm sayin....
After that long day, I went home and went through my lesson and hung out with Jason for a little bit.

Now it's monday, and I'm trying to get done what I didn't on Saturday....bleh! Oh and I forgot my phone at home this morning(I'm a little attatched to it), and my hair is being temperamental! Gotta love Mondays! Have a grand week everyone!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Some comments:
#1 Loved your testimony!
#2 Music theory is awesome! Hehehe :)
#3 You do have ADHD.
#4 I agree with your reasoning to drop out of your institute class. Don't assume though that we are all judging you for it.
#5 Slightly harsh on the fall musical. I thought they did a pretty darn good job.
#6 You and your "missionary"...need I say more?
#7 I love you Rachelle! Thanks for being an awesome friend and sticking with me for so long. :) You're crazy and sometimes our personalities clash but I will always love you.

Kari said...

Hey, Rachelle--

Nice PINK look for your blog! Lots of things to think about for you right now. Hang in and Happy Halloween- :)

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin