Thursday, October 29, 2009

Changes....In Weather and Character

*Random thought of the Day: "He who is too busy to pray is busier than God ever intended him to be". True that. We must remember that prayer is what gets us through the day and through the night. Prayers in our heart throughout the day keep us from temptation and provide our safety and answers to questions. Prayers for others help them as well as yourself. The list could go on. So pray always and counsel with God, so that things will work together for you good! The End.*

November. Fall. It's all here. Nuts!
First of all. Fall Sing went amazing! And strangely-it was my LAST Fall Sing. Out of the 3 shows, Friday was probably my favorite performance! I always seem to do better when my family is here(: Yep-Mom, Duane, Dallas and Andrea came! My brief homesickness went away when they came! Thanks again for coming guys! I really appreciate their support and they loved the show! I truly felt the power of music as I sang with my choir. I know sometimes I complain about my director and the things that go on in the music department, but as far as being in A capella choir is concerned, I suddently remembered why I'm doing what I'm doing, as I sang our songs. I love feeling that way! Next to feeling the truth of the Gospel, and the Spirit, power in music is the best feeling ever! Over the last couple of years, Dr. Bishop my director/music theory teacher has introduced the meaning of words. And it has made all the difference in our harder songs especially. Even if they are in Russian(:
I'm greatful for the experiences I've been having in choir. I look forward to the remainder of the year and the music that will continue to change my life.

The rest of last week was fun! It was also homecoming week so they had dress up days everyday. I took advantage of a couple days hee hee(: I dressed up for 'hawaiian tourist' day. Me and my friend Hailey are below(: On thursday, it was costume day so I went as a cowgirl-my true self(: It was awesome! I am a small town girl for sure! And I love wearing my hat!


Friday was just spirit day so I wore my purple and gold. Saturday, after some raquetball with Chris, we had our last concert in the afternoon. After which, I went to the EAC football game and we slaughtered Pima. 47-6. Pathetic really! Good game though, but cold! It has certainly started getting cold here! Nuts!

Saturday was also of course, Halloween! So, I decided to go all out and dress up for a party! At the apartments I live, they had a big block party! Basically, there are about 5 or 6 buildings of apartments and what they did was put music in a 5 or 6 apartments and blasted it really loud and there was dancing in all of them. It was awesome! I didn't really think much about a costume and I didn't want to do the cowgirl thing, so I was a princess!/Giselle from Enchanted(: I wore my tiara and put my prom dress on and curled my hair! It was way fun! I just danced the night away with friends! I did that til about midnight and then decided it had been a long day so I went home and crashed! Good times!










Sunday was fast sunday and was pretty awesome. I love testimony meeting. We then talked about missionary work and service in Sunday School and Relief Society...two things at which I need to work on of course(: Learned a lot!
We then had a really awesome CES Fireside broadcast with a talk given by the amazing Dieter F. Uchtdorf! I gotta say, he really is one of my favorites! He talked about finding out who we truly are, and dating haha. Go figure. But he gave those of us who are single, hope(: Not that I didn't have any, I just tend to get dissapointed or jealous sometimes. Especially when all your roommates are either engaged or dating someone(; Literally, all of them now haha. Oh well. Life goes on. I'm doing what I'm supposed to and thats the best I got!

Anyway, I have a busy few weeks ahead, ish. Mostly just tests to study, auditions to prepare for, and my Fall voice recital is next week-woot! Ah! Here I go!
Have a great week my people!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Hi, Rachelle!

Lots going on, that's for sure...congratulations on doing well on your concert. I love the way music makes me feel, too. Nice costume pictures, by the way-! :)

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin