Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Faceplanting and nothing but fun!

Yet no random thought of the day again. I will get back in the habit again-cuz its my thing!

Wow! What a super cool Labor Day weekend I had! Woot! I had the opportunity to go camping with my dad, Mitchell, and my brother Brandon and his wife Jen. We met up with my dad's good friends Al and Sheryl-who are so awesome! Al is way funny and has known me since I was a baby! All of Al and Sheryl's family and friends were there. Everyone was friendly and we all had a good time! We camped up near Whiteriver. I went up Friday with two of my roommates and camped with everyone Saturday and Sunday. I came back to Thatcher with some friends late Monday night. It was very beautiful at our campsite, with the creek nearby. It was a very relaxing weekend. My phone had no signal so I shut it off and surprisingly lived without it for a couple days(: Didn't care who wanted to get a hold of me or what time it was-perfect!










On Saturday when it wasn't raining, we played wiffleball(not sure if I spelled that right). For those who don't know what that is, its baseball with those little plastic white balls with holes in them, and plastic bats. Well, I had my little embarrassing moment with that, [as per usual when I play any kind of sport]. Yep-I fell on my face. So, it was my turn to bat and I hit the ball-yay. Well, I only made it 3 or 4 steps to 1st base because the next thing I knew, I was on the ground. I completely biffed it! So I kinda just rolled over on my back and everyone made sure I was ok and then I got up and ran on to 1st, wiping the dirt off my jeans! Lucky for me, or not, they got a GREAT picture of me on the ground(: Leave it to me right?!




We did a little bit of playing in the creek. Well, me, my stepmom Anne, and sister in law Jenn did anyway! Good times!
I also brought my guitar which by the way I've been learning quite a bit and gettin the hang of it! So, I took it camping so I became the entertainment around the campfire(: It was fun and good practice for me!












It was actually interesting being around all those people because none of them were LDS. They were all pretty much Christian/non-denominational, But, I got into a few good religious conversations with a couple of them. It's interesting because they all believe a lot of the same stuff me and my family do, but they just don't have the full truth. So I put my two-sense in and listened to some of their beliefs and left it at that!
Another exciting thing that happened this weekend, happened on Friday. Ok, so many of you know that I have this thing about old Ford and Chevy trucks! Oh my gosh-I love them! So, one of my lifetime dreams has been to get to drive one someday. Even if that meant re-trying to learn how to drive a stick. Well-my opportunity came! So, before I left on Friday, I went with Betsy, Hannah, and Hannah's fiance Adrienne to Adrienne's uncle's to get a trailer we needed to take to Show Low. Well, Adriene's uncle had an old 60's or 70's Ford truck in his yard. So what do I do? I get out and take pictures because I loved this truck! It was even light blue-my favorite color!









Well, other than a thrilling weekend, it's already almost Friday again! yay! I'm positive i'll have updates after this weekend or next week! Lets hope so anyway!
I'm enjoying my classes for the most part! I like the things I'm learning, especially in my politics class hee hee. My teacher states his opinion very freely. And I agree with him on a lot of things, especially as he is certainly proving more and more what idiots are running our country right now(:
Life is going good. I love my life in Thatcher and all my awesome friends! LIFE IS GOOD!
Have a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Hey, Rachelle!
A very fun Labor Day weekend, indeed! I'm glad you got to go camping and practice your guitar. Better luck next time on running to first base...?!?! :)

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin