Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Best Days of My Life

*Random thought of the Day: "We become what we think about. If you prepare yourself, the opportunities will come."-Mark Bryce. What powerful words from EAC's President. He is such a wonderful leader. He said those words at a speech he made on Thursday(more about that below), and they really hit me. If we are doing our part in whatever it is we are doing with our lives, and we are prepared for just about anything, we will have the opportunities that are supposed to happen. We WILL become what we are supposed to be. True and powerful words for a college student I think! But anyone else as well who is living their life in a good way. The End."

Here's a typical scenario. It's Thursday. You wake up and just do not want to get out of bed and go to your 8:00 class, even if it is Politics and very worth your while. However, you still hit the snooze button about 5 times before finally deciding that you really should get out of bed, say your prayers, though still half asleep, and then get ready for the day. And it is SO close to Friday. You wonder if you will make it through the rest of the week.

Thats the gist of how my Thursday started last week.


I went to my first couple of classes, did somewhat ok on my Aurel Perception quiz (I think), and then headed over to the Auditorium for "Constitution Day". I'm not really sure why they call it that. Basically, all the students are invited to go and hear Mr. Bryce, the school President, give a little speech about how much he cares about the students, etc etc! Well, there are also door prizes at the end. Each student is given a raffle ticket when they walk in. I think that might possibly have been one of my main reasons for going(:. And well-President Bryce did give a very good speech as well! (More on that later) Anyway, so he gives his speech, and then they start the drawing for door prizes, which include a very expensive Ipod Touch, a dvd player, giftcards....well, just a little more background info, just the day before, I had been telling a friend that I really wanted a new ipod because I have a lame shuffle. Well......the first prize they were drawing for was the "big one"-that being the Ipod Touch. Well, suddenly, the read off my number on my raffle ticket. Loudly, I yell "NO WAY!" The crowd looks at me and my friends and roommates sitting by me laugh and get all excited. So I run up to the stage to claim my prize! IT WAS SO AWESOME! I couldn't believe it! I had just won a very expensive Ipod Touch...FOR FREE! I was so thrilled! I seriously never win anything!



After that happened, the rest of my day was seriously awesome! I mean, yeah I was in a good mood, but everything else just went well and fell into place! So amazing! So I've been playing with my new "toy" and enjoying life! I was just waiting for something exciting to happen in my life and it did!





Ok. THATS enough of that. I'm so bad at this blogging thing lately. But the good thing is, I think I've done more homework and studying in the last couple weeks than I have in the last couple years. Sad huh? I mean, don't get me wrong, I did try hard for the last two years, but something just hit home this semester and I'm suddenly 3 times more motivated and actually taking more time to study and do homework. Heck-I'm even going in at least once a week for Aurel Perception tutoring so that I can have better rhythm and not look like an idiot in class(: Go me! Ha...I'm not selfish I swear!
(:Anyway, its been goin well, just lots and lots of work. BUT, I only have got stressed out once and that was last night. I just really hate when I get through a day, and don't get all that I wanted to accomplished. And last night was just rough. I'm lucky that I really am enjoying all my classes, otherwise I would just be miserable and get less done....like I did with math(:
Last weekend, mom and Duane came down to a funeral in Pima, and stopped by my apartment. It was good to visit with them for a short time.
Also, I'm not sure I mentioned this before, but my good buddy Jordan Beals left for his mission. He's one of my band members(: So now him and Stephen are gone and its so crazy! I miss them both so so much but I'm so proud of them for going on missions! Stephen and I have been writing every couple of weeks so now I'm just waiting for a letter from Elder Beals(: I love those boys! I'm pretty sure us and Jason will be friends for life! Even if I don't marry one of them haha!
Other than school and work, nothing too exciting is happening. I'm pretty content with my life right now. Just trying to relax and for heaven's sake, keep my dang schedule straight!!!! Ah its nuts! I'm not even taking as many credits as last semester but I'm going more nuts this year! Pray for me haha, so I don't lose it!
I'm very greatful for my institute classes and my ward, and my wonderful friends, and The Office, and 10 Things I Hate About You-the tv show, for keeping me sane and giving me a little break once in a while(:
Speaking of my crazy life, I finally have an update for you all, and now I must yet-study more! Go me!
Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

Andrea Camille said...

Congrats on the ipod touch lady! You dont need that to be awesome though. :)

Kari said...

Wow--you are the lucky one this week! "Go Rachelle" on that homework stuff, too-- :)

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin