Thursday, April 2, 2009

Laugh...even when you want to cry.

*Random thought of the Day: I have two random thoughts today. 1-I'm madly in love with.....James Marsden. Haha-sorry Jason, now is not the time(;
I think I've proclaimed my love for James before, but I'm watching 27 Dresses as I write this blog and I just love him. Sadly, he's probably married and he's like 30 or something.


2nd Random Thought: “We work in the dark, We do what we can, We give what we have, Our doubt is our passion, and our passion is our task, The rest is the madness of art.” ~Henry James~

Life is art. I am seeing that lately. The quote speaks for itself yet, I challenge those reading this to think considerably about it and what it means to each of you in your own way. Send me some comments-tell me what you think!

Ok. I figured it was time to blog again. Nothing thrilling has happened recently...unless you count the fact that my stress level has gone up and down a few times[Don't act UNsurprised folks-its the first time this semester that I've about lost it! I'm doing much better than I used to!]and I had A headache for over a week. Bla bla bla....done complaining for the day! It does me none good.

Well, things are winding down. Approximatly 20 days of school left! [This doesn't count finals week...whats the point?] I prefer to see it in days than weeks at this point. I'm keeping up with all my homework and music events-master class, voice recital, choir concerts-gonna be a crazy time! I have truly been enjoying this semester, this whole year infact, but its definantly time for a summer break! Sadly, I will be taking a class online this summer but its well needed. And, I think it will be a self discovery in a way, taking an online class. I know what your thinking-thats random for Rachelle to say.
I've recently had a lot of self discovery for myself. Allow me to point a few things out:


*1: Focus. I need to be more focused. The reason I don't make connections or completely understand things in my classes, is lack of enough focus. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to fix that. Any advice??? I know its something only I can do but its taken me this long to figure out so I need to do something about it to help me pass my finals.

*2: Ok Cassidi. This one's for you(: I thought about how you once said you felt like you are so self-obsorbed or way into yourself too much haha. Something along those lines. Well, speaking of trading personalities, I've been that way a little bit lately. Ridiculous I know! Well, I realize it can push people away or make me ungrateful or [insert phrase or word here]. So: New goal-think about others. Not to say I'm always like this, I just sometimes think of myself too much!



*3: I want to accomplish something big. With my music. I look around at some of my peers, especially the ones that are music majors, and I feel slightly intimidated. There's so much I can be doing with my music writing and I'm going to do it! I want to see something of mine published. So, maybe you're thinking thats contradicting the whole self-obsorbed thing, but its not! This is for me. A sense of accomplishment is something I seek for. [I am a Warrior Princess after all(:]



Ok so, thats me venting. I have goals to be better. Maybe its because I had a very very wonderful Master Class yesterday, helping my voice to become better and helping me to have motivation in my music life.

And, General Conference was this weekend. I love hearing from the brethren and the prophet. They are so amazing! I learned a lot from their stories and wisdom! It was a great refresher.















Life goes on and I'm gonna work on laughing, even when I want to cry(:
Have a fantastic week everyone! Don't do anything I wouldn't help you with!
Shazam!

3 comments:

David McCleve said...

#1 - set aside time to do just the thing you need to do, then get rid of distractions (it works miracles).

#3 - do the same as above.

Sounds like you're having fun and doing well. Keep it up!

Jason Whetten said...

hmm... someday...someday you will not be ashamed to admit your deep and passionate love for me in public...someday...but until then i will continue to hide behind the shallow prince from Enchanted.

Kari said...

Hi, Rachelle! I loved conference weekend, too. Hang in there--20 days is not that many! (P.S. I think the "distractions" part of David McCleve's advice is the best.)

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin