Friday, July 11, 2008

Thanks for the Lemonade

Random thought of the day:
"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." I recently heard this really cool song by a guy named Chris Rice called "Lemonade." The chorus says:
*Life gave me lemonade and I can’t imagine why.
Born on a sunny day, beneath a tangerine sky.
I live life without pretending.
I’m a sucker for happy endings.
Thanks for the lemonade. Thanks for the lemonade!*


I think its a cool song. I mean-its kind of a cute love song but it really kina makes you think also about well, the lemonade of life! Life sometimes throws lemons at you really hard as to knock you out. And sometimes they do have to hit you that hard for you to realize what to do. That meaning-making decisions, getting through a good or bad time, being friends with someone, learning a lesson,....... Lemons come and lemons go. But you should always take a minute to make some lemonade and share it with those around you. Thats my random thoughts of the day!




5 weeks to go! Woot woot! Time after Time....I continue counting down. Work continues. I manage to try and enjoy it. Its amazing how great money can be, except the earning part of it(: At least for now. Until I have a career in my hands, gotta make do with what I can get I guess.


Yesterday, I got to hang out with my amazing Best Friend Cassidi! She is down here visiting her dad for the week so we pretty much spent the day together yesterday til I went to work. Daquiris, shopping, talking about our summer love lives, pictures, the works.



I miss my Cassidi already! Someday her and I are going back east.
Yesterday I also felt like junk. I woke up with serious neck and back pains due to....get this-Bowling! I went with my amazing friend Sterling a few nights ago and I felt the pain yesterday. Plus I have gotten a little congested and having headaches! And guess what? I have to sing on Sunday in sacrament meeting! So pray for me so that I will feel good and have a voice!
Anyway, life continues and I'm getting my first paycheck today. Woot woot!
Have a lovely weekend people.

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hi, Rachelle--
Hope your neck and back feel better. You're awesome!

Cassidi Marie said...

i love love, i love being in love, i don't care what it does to me!
thanks, the format.

so, basically i miss you too.
and i love how life just sorts it'sself out sometimes, and you don't even need to stress.

cheah.
word to your bestie.

Kim said...

Feel better! Wish I was closer so I could hear you sing! Good luck!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin