Monday, July 21, 2008

On the road again

Random Thought of the Day:
Ok, so today I don't really have a "thought" per se, but here is a recipe I thought you all might like to try sometime!I sorta invented it myself.

BACON/CHICKEN SNACK
~Get biscuits or bisquick to make biscuits.
~Before cooking them, cook a few pieces of bacon and break them into little pieces.
~Cook chicken, or get canned chicken, and break that into pieces as well.
~Put the chicken and bacon pieces in each biscuit. Just pieces all squished all over them. Then place in the oven for about 10 minutes or so.
~When they are finished cooking, place your choice of warm cream of mushroom/chicken soup all over biscuits, or sour cream, or ranch dressing. Whatever sounds good to you, or just eat them plain. I at least reccomend a little butter melted on them.
I tried it today and it turned out pretty good! So go for it!

*Another week has gone by and I now am down to 4 weeks left til I return to EA! This past week has definantly had some ups and downs. Details that I will choose not to get into. But let me tell ya-the Lord has sure given me some comfort as always. I have done a lot of stupid things before, but I sure feel his forgiveness each time. I guess you could say that I'm learning more about learning from your mistakes. Such as life right? Many people, including myself, are always afraid of failing and messing up. But as my life motto goes, "Learn while you live, Love what you learn." As long as I try to strive and make everyday a good day, I'll be alright!

I worked every day this week almost and it was not too bad besides a few things happened. Friday was awesome because I had the whole day free. My friends Emily and Kevin came down here to hang out because our other friend-Sam West, got married. So we hung out all day on Friday and went to the reception Fri. night, as well as dinner at Olive Garden(:

After dinner, my other friend Adam, joined us to watch a movie at my house. It was fun and turned out to be a long night. Adam and I stayed up til 4 in the morning just talking! It was so fun! We hardly ever get to talk and have heart to hearts, so it was really nice.

About 6 hours later, I woke up very exausted and got ready to go to my sisters baby shower. She is having another boy in August! It was fun. We mostly just ate and talked and watched her open presents. She got a lot of really awesome stuff for the baby so she will be well off for a while!
After the shower, I of course went to work.
Then...Sunday! Woot! Yesterday I headed up with my friend Sterling to Show Low/Snowflake. One of our friends, Travis, who I went to school with this last year and is one of my best friends, gave his "non" farewell mission talk. He did SO good! I'm so proud of him for making the choice to serve. He will be going to Guatemala! I'm going to miss him so so much though! It was a little sad saying goodbye to him. But he is definantly doing the right thing.
It was a lot of fun though because we hung out with Felicia-she is amazing! And also-Curtis, who I also go to school with, was there. He was Travis's roommate last year so it was really awesome to see him. After sacrament meeting, Me, Sterling and Curtis all went to Felicias to hang out until the setting apart and dinner that Travis was having at his house. We went to that and just had a lot of fun! I really needed a good day yesterday and I got it! My friends are so awesome.
Then, Sterling and I went back to my house in Show Low and stayed the night and arrived back a couple hours ago. My grandma was also in Show Low visiting so that was great!
So all in all, it was a really great weekend.
Now i'm back and ready to finish off my summer with a bang I suppose!
You all have a wonderful week!
TTFN

3 comments:

Kari said...

Hi, Rachelle!

Wow--only 4 weeks until school starts?!? Hope you can squeeze in some more "good days," or even "good weeks" before you go back!

You're awesome.

Cassidi Marie said...

you.
were.
in.
showlow.
with.
STERLING.
and.
you.
didn't.
bother.
calling.
your.
BESTFRIEND?
a whole DAY?
growl.
glad you had fun, though. =]

Kim said...

Glad I got to see you for a whole half-hour before my trip. I'm sure Travis appreciated the support.

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin