Friday, August 14, 2009

Anxiety and 108 Days of Summer

*Random thought of the Day: In R.D. Lainge's Politics of Experience, he says, "We live in a moment of history where change is so speeded up that we begin to see the present only when it is already disappearing." You see, thats the beauty of the positivity of life. History and life is changing as we know it. So what? Yeah, it is changing fast. But we have to learn to enjoy each moment anyway. We do watch time go by fast, especially as we get older. When I started high school 6 years ago, I thought it would be the longest 4 years of my life. In the blink of an eye, I'm now about to start my 3rd year of college. But yet, I have tried to enjoy all the moments throughout the years. And I continue to do so. Just something to think about. The End.*

Holy.....one week left. Seriously, I'm so so antzy and anxious and slightly impatient! I can't wait to be back in Thatcher. I have one day left of working at the theater and that is on Monday, which leaves me all week to do....who even knows! I'm thinking that a "Lord of the Rings" marathon with my brother Mitchell is definantly in order. I've wanted to do a million different movie marathons all summer, and now I only have a week to do it. So I gotta get at least one in! I'll probably also do a "Twilight" night with my girl Kelsey. Such a lame movie, but really great at the same time. Pathetic we are(:

This past week was pretty chill. My mom and my siblings all started school. Its so wierd that Dallas is in Jr. High already! He even has a class with one of my favorite teachers that I had in JH. Way way cool! So, since they started school and Mitchell has been working some, I have just been playing with my new laptop and preparing for Emily's 2nd reception-woot!

Which, went pretty good! Ok, so I was pretty stressed out the entire day on Saturday since I was in charge of almost everything. Luckily though, I had lots of help from the other bridesmaids and some random people(: We decorated Saturday morning and then I had to get all the dresses ironed and do my hair! CRAZY! Reception went well-got to see a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while from my old ward! It was way cool! I was also very excited to see Emily! I think this past week while she was on her honeymoon, was the longest we had ever been apart. Well, I went to EA without her for a semester, but things were a little different then. I'm so glad her and Derek will be in Thatcher a little longer so I can still see her some! Anyway, it was a fun reception. Emily and Derek actually got into a cake fight this time while cutting the cake lol! And we all had a little dance party when most of the guests had left! so fun!
I was dead by the end of the night. And I'm honestly glad its all over!
This week I can focus on a getting a few more things done and hangin out with a couple more friends and packin up what stuff I brought with me home! Mom and Duane will be taking me to Thatcher on Saturday morning. All my friends will pretty much be back by then so I will be thrilled to see them! Woot!
So, there's an update for ya all! More to come next week as I get back into the swing of Thatcher life again! Woot! Have a splendid week everyone!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Wow, Rachelle--only ONE week left! The photos of the reception are fun. Happy last 5 days in Show Low!

My Music Inspiration

My Music Inspiration

Favorite Quotes

  • wHeRe WoRdS fAiL, mUsIc SpEaKs
  • iF mUsIc Be ThE fOoD oF lOvE, pLaY oN
  • I LoVe ThIs CrAzY tRaGiC, sOmEtImEs AlMoSt MaGiC, aWfUl BeAuTiFuL liFe
  • wHoEvEr sAiD sUnShInE iS hApPiNeSs, HaS nEvEr DaNcEd In ThE rAin